It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep. Psalms 127:2
God is in control, yet many of us feel apprehension and oppression. If there ever was a time to speak truth to ourselves, it is now. Doing so helps us maintain perspective, that is born in our ultimate faith in God. Ten things for right thinking:
- God is sovereign. He decides who will ascend to power. And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: (Daniel 2:21)
- Plans for election fraud in the 2020 election were likely born before our president was inaugurated in January 2017. Election fraud is nothing new, but new technologies give new methods. Stacking them with the old tried and true has produced remarkable results. Consider this: how could a group of people that promote killing babies be “above” stealing an election? There was rampant fraud in this election; technology has proven that. Technology is not evil; the people using it determine its value.
- America has allowed unchecked sin; Christians have looked the other way while bad seed was scattered. We don’t want to admit it but we have sown bad seed too. In our hearts we knew the harvest would come. If we cannot get ourselves back into church, then why should we not expect judgement? Christ died for the church; He established it. We must not think that God winks at our careless attitude for the church. That is one example. I am in church every week. I consider, How much do I love my church? I judge myself. But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. Galatians 6:4
- American patriots have awakened. American patriotism cannot be equated with Christian revival. Many patriots have no interest in God whatsoever. We are awakening to the truth that America may not recover. But, God. God remains the “Decider” in this election. For president Trump to retain the presidency is simply a band-aid for the ills of America, and we know how long a band-aid stay on – about a day. It is for us to decide what we will do with God. Will we choose to trust Him, even today? Win or lose, this is a proverbial wake-up call, Christians!
- Many conservative Americans have excellent manners and desire to be gracious losers. We are not called to be gracious losers when we have not lost, when there is much at stake. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. (Romans 8:37) There is a time for war; there are things worth fighting for. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. (Ecclesiastes 3:8). Will we prayerfully support those actively fighting for our freedoms today? Hence, the term “prayer warrior.”
- Be encouraged; the United States has checks and balances. There are good and strong men and women in the House of Representatives and in the Senate. Many of our government representatives have testimonies of allegiance to God first. This truth comforts me. The presidency is only 1/3 of the co-equal branches of government. And God is over all.
- America is full of lost and wayward souls. These are people that have forsaken their families, personal responsibility and God. I can say this: I disagree with them about nearly everything, but when a people believes taking a life is a decision of expedience and something worth fighting for, they cannot think clearly. Their minds are given over to reprobate thinking. America’s battle is for life, in every sense of the word “life.”
- Let us not forget the supernatural power of the Gospel. Many of these people will not hear and many have crossed over into unthinkable blasphemies; they have no fear of God, despite knowing somewhere within themselves that He exists. It is frightening, for them and for us. God still saves. Saul was a murderer, then became an apostle, Paul. The Apostle Paul. Like Paul, we are recipients of the mercy and grace of God. Paul surely did not squander his blessings. We should be littering our communities with Gospel tracts, handing them to those that will receive them. Leaving one or two in public restrooms. In these times of turmoil, people are searching. God will prompt people that they need the small brochure you offer. He did this in my life.
- I appreciate the warriors that fight for me. It is only right to pray for them and not criticize them, particularly if we are not in the battle for America too. I support my president and pray for him. He is a patriot that is giving some of his best years and experience for our country. I will not exalt myself by tearing him down. I have enough about my own behavior to deal with. God knows all and continues drawing each of us. Be thankful for the happy warrior that fights on our behalf, never forgetting that our battle is already won.
- Have we been part of the problem? Surely most of us have. We live lives of general prayerlessness. We are not consistent in talking about Jesus because we don’t want to offend. Think about the offensive things you hear every day, yet accept because that is just how people are. People are that way because they don’t have Jesus. Endeavor to be part of the solution.
Thinking right, remembering that we are promised sufficient – enough – grace for every trial can cause our God-confidence (that’s faith) to grow. Our love for God will grow as we marvel at His sufficiency in these trials. He already has this mess figured out. In the end, it will go very well for me.
Until then, the great hymns of our faith can encourage. Let us not underestimate the power of old-fashioned hymns, many of which were inspired by times of great suffering. Their melodies are soothing, their truths reflect victory:
- Only Trust Him
- A Mighty Fortress is Our God
- Be Still, My Soul
- My Hope Has Found a Resting Place
- It is Well With my Soul
- Only Trust Him
- Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus
- Because He Lives
- America (link takes you to short excerpt.)
- While You Were Sleeping (link takes you to short excerpt.)
The last 2 songs have hyperlinks for you to follow. The first was written by my daughter and is a plea to America, while honoring the good and faithful men of our country. This song is part of CLEANSE ME.
The second is also quite profound and a little known Christmas song. I was stunned by the truth of this song and I think you will be too. (All old-fashioned hymns are not old.) This song asks a question of 3 locations, including America. This song is part of this year’s Christmas CD, BELIEVE.
Hang in Ladies! It will be okay! Pray with gratitude for the men – and women – willingly fighting against the triumph of evil.
The only necessary thing for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.