O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come. Psalm 65:2
Our way of life, the heritage we want to pass on to our children, our homes, livelihood, our very lives… all we hold dear are in jeopardy, but for the eternal life promised by our Saviour. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6:12). We wrestle today, but have not been diligent against this enemy. Overnight we are on the cusp of losing much of what we value, the good life given by God. America deserves judgement, but God. Join with me in praying for our country, beginning with getting our hearts right, so that our pleas will touch the heart of God. This is a fight that must be won on our knees, can only be won on our knees.
Below are some prayer and faith verses; following them, I have written a suggested list of specific prayer needs for our country and for our homes. We are women of faith and we know that God does hear prayer. Might God show mercy once again to this country, and might our awareness make a difference in how we live the rest of our lives. What a legacy to pass on to our “little loved-ones.”
1 Kings 8:28 Yet have thou respect unto the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O LORD my God, to hearken unto the cry and to the prayer, which thy servant prayeth before thee to day:
James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Psalms 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalms 145:18 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.
1 Timothy 2:1-3 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Zechariah 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
- Thankfulness for this nation that we have been able to live and raise our children in.
- Forgiveness for taking it for granted, for not keeping what is most important more regularly in our thoughts.
- That we will claim the promises and admonitions of Scripture to live righteously that our prayers won’t be hindered.
- Supernatural intervention to stop riots, in such a way, that all may see that it was God.
- Protection for our president and those that labor around him, for them to have wisdom and to be keenly aware of their need for Divine intervention; to know the Divine as God Almighty.
- For our police officers and military personnel, and their families – for protection, discernment and grace.
- For those in mourning and broken-hearted over their personal losses.
- People – those that might even be complicit – to awaken to the truth of anarchy and then, what the cost will be to themselves and to their families.
- That our church buildings and homes may be protected and to all who enter.
- For the Word of God to be spoken therein – in truth and in love.
- That we will keep our minds and hearts on what is really important and of eternal value, and so for the souls of the lost.
- That we can maintain peace in our hearts during these perilous times.
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
I feel privilege to stand; to kneel with you.